Olhão: Bom Successo
Replica of a historic boat anchored in front of the promenade. In 1808 a revolt against the troops of Napoleon started in Olhao, resulting in the end of the French occupation of the entire Algarve. 17 men from Olhao embarked on the boat Bom Successo to Brazil to inform King Joao VI that the kingdom of Algarve was restored.
Olhão: Edifício do Compromisso Marítimo
This building, erected in 1771 opposite the main church, is today hosting the municipal museum. It was originally the location of the association of the local fishermen. The name of the buildig reminds to a historical milestone in 1765, when king Joao I granted to the fishermen of Olhao the same rights as Faro.
Faro: Largo da Sé
View from the belfry of the cathedral to the Largo da Sé, the central square in the historical quarter of Faro. It is surrounded by orange trees. At the right side you see the palace of the bishop, adjacent to the left is the episcopal seminar. In the background the marina and the Faro airport can be seen.
Vila Real de Santo António: Marina on the Guadiana river
The town of Vila Real de Santo António is located on the border of the Algarve to Spain, only a few miles from the estuary mouth of the Guadiana river. This areal view depicts the geometric structure of the town, that has been completely rebuilt after the earthquake of 1755.
Vila Real de Santo Antóniol: Hotel Guadiana
The hotel is located on the "Avenida da Republica", the promenade along the Guadiana river. The art-nouveau fassade is one of the architectural highlights of the town. The hotel, opened in the twenties of the last century is said to be the first in the entire Algarve.
Praia da Rocha: Bela Vista Hotel & Spa
The boutique hotel Bela Vista Hotel & Spa on cliff top of the beach of Praia da Rocha is one of the most luxurious places of its kind in the Algarve.